Resources for Teaching About Creation:
- Teaching the Evidence of Creation to Children (Institute for Creation Research) at http://www.icr.org/article/6944/
- A number of articles at http://www.creationism.org/index.htm
- Creation topics for kids at https://answersingenesis.org/kids/
- Topics for your own study at https://answersingenesis.org/creation/
- Kid Explorers has lot’s to see at http://www.christiananswers.net/kids/
- Interesting articles about creation and evolution at http://crev.info/
- Various lesson plans for the creation story at http://ministry-to-children.com/creation-bible-lessons/
- Song: God Made the World Song with printables that make a booklet to go with it found at http://kidsbibledebjackson.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/god-made-world-song-for-preschool.html
- Website Visual: Kids will love the visual scale showing size comparisons of various items in our world You can zoom in and out of the viewer to see everything from microscopic items to the grand scale of the universe. This site does not have a Christian theme but God’s immense power of creation is what will automatically come to mind when you see it. http://htwins.net/scale2/
- Telling the Story: Pictures and other resources at http://akidsheart.com/bible/ot/
Ways to Tell the Story:
This story can be told using a variety of methods. Always remain true to the facts found in the Bible but help children connect to its meaning by using drama, visual aids, voice inflection, student interaction and/or emotion.
Click here to download the free powerpoint slideshow or individual pictures to print. Each teacher is unique so only use the illustrations that best relate to the way YOU are telling the story in THIS lesson. Too many illustrations can be confusing so eliminate any that cover other stories or details you do not wish to emphasise in this lesson.
Activities and Crafts:
- Check the Teaching Ideas page on this website for ideas that are adaptable to any lesson.
- More ideas on the Pinterest Board: Creation Story
- Craft: Print these Days of Creation Numbers and have children decorate with items relating to the days of creation.
- Colouring pages: cute coloring pages for each creation day: http://www.coloring.ws/creation.htm
- Activities and crafts covering the entire creation story at http://www.churchhousecollection.com/god-created-the-heaven-and-the-earth-lesson.php
- A variety of both online and printable puzzles, activities and games covering the entire creation story from http://gardenofpraise.com/bibl1s.htm
- Cute crafts and songs for pre-schoolers at http://www.icanteachmychild.com/category/thematic-units/days-of-creation/
- Worksheets and Puzzles: A printable booklet with a number of puzzles at http://sundayschoolresources.co.uk/activities.php
- Worksheets and an animation: There are a number of Old Testament worksheets on the following link. Just scroll down to “Six Days of Creation”. The link is http://www.squidoo.com/bible-worksheets-OT#module110252211
- Activities and games at http://akidsheart.com/bible/ot/
- Games: A good selection at http://www.rotation.org/displayForumTopic/content/295011598215931922
- Game where you roll dice and add a picture to a creation picture at http://preschoollessonplans.info/1271/roll-the-creation-game/#more-1271
- Links to games found at http://www.wartgames.com/themes/religions/creation.html
- Craft: Creation Mobile at http://www.dltk-bible.com/genesis/creation_mobile.htm
- Craft: Toddler creation wheel at http://www.toddler-activities-at-home.com/creation-craft.html
Individual Days of Creation: