My youngest grandson turned four years old this week. Before opening his gifts there was much curiosity about what was inside each one. If he had not been such a busy four year old he would probably have guessed what was inside by simply listening to all the clues that were floating around among the grown-ups.
The time of year is fast approaching when many of us wrap up surprises and place them under a Christmas tree to be unwrapped by family and friends. Aren’t you a little curious about what is inside that package with your name on it?
God so loved the world that he gave us the gift of his Son. As I was looking over the lesson Prophecies Fulfilled in Jesus I was reminded once again about the number of clues God gave about the coming of the Messiah.
I love talking to children about this!
God Kept His Promises!
God sent all of these messages before Jesus was even born. God promised over and over that he would send Jesus. And guess what.
- Jesus was Abram’s great, great, great…..grandson-just like God had promised.
- Jesus was a special child born to a special mother. Just like God told Isaiah.
- Jesus was born in the city of Bethlehem. Just like God told Micah.
- Mary had a baby and named him Jesus. Just like the angel said.
- Joseph married Mary and took care of Jesus. Just like the angel told him to.
For help teaching this lesson and links to download the pictures click here.
©Mission Bible Class 2011-2023 Copies may be made for personal and ministry purposes only. Not to be sold or profited from in any way. www.missionbibleclass.org