In the example above I used big white plastic bowls for the containers and I rolled up a pair of sacks to have something soft to toss.
- True or False Labels (print these or just hand-write your own)
- Tape to attach the labels
- Two containers (bowls, boxes, baskets, buckets or whatever you have on hand).
- Something to toss. This could be a ball, soft toy, rolled up socks or whatever you have on hand.
- A list of questions to ask. You can find review questions by looking up any Bible Story on www.missionbibleclass.org
- Cut out the labels (or use your own) and attach them to the containers with tape.
- Tell the children where to stand.
- Call out a statement from the story you have just covered.
- Child tosses the object into the “True” or “False” container depending on their chosen answer.
- The child or team earns a point for the object landing in the correct answer container. If the child misses (wrong answer or misses the target) then the next child gets a chance.
- You can adapt this game for various ages by making the exercise easier or more challenging. Use smaller containers and items to toss for older children. Ping-pong/table tennis balls are lots of fun for this. Older children coul also stand a larger distance away from the container when they toss the object.
- Instead of containers you can just place paper on the floor and let the children toss coins onto them. The coins must land on the paper for a correct answer.
- Instead of “True and False” you can use various choices or anything that relates to your story. Here are a few ideas but I’m sure you can think of your own:
- Old Testament or New Testament: Call out characters, events or even Books of the Bible and let the children toss the object into one of those two containers.
- Right Choice or Wrong Choice: Describe situations that relate to a child’s world and the children toss the object into one or the other container.
- Quote or Misquote: Read or recite a scripture (correctly or incorrectly) and children toss the object into one or the other container.
©Mission Bible Class 2011-2022 Copies may be made for personal and ministry purposes only. Not to be sold or profited from in any way. www.missionbibleclass.org