Prayer requests written on craft sticks encourage children to pray in this activity.
How to Prepare the Craft Sticks
- Provide the children with a writing pen or marker and a collection of craft sticks, recycled popsicle sticks or even strips of heavy paper.
- As the teacher and children talk about the importance of prayer the children (or the teacher) can write prayer topics on the craft sticks. Write only one request on each stick.
- Collect the sticks and place them in a mug or any container.
Ways to Use the Prayer Sticks to Teach about Prayer
- At prayer time guide the children in drawing out the prayer sticks. Each child prays for the request that is written on the stick he or she has drawn.
- Use this prayer method over a number of weeks. As prayers are answered move the sticks to a different container.
- From time to time pull the sticks out of the “prayers answered” container and praise God for how he has heard and answered our prayers.
©2011-2021 Mission Bible Class. Permission to use for personal or ministry purposes only. Not to be resold. www.missionbibleclass.org