The Vision of Mission Bible Class
Christians around the world equipped to value and spiritually nurture children.
…individuals and churches globally through:
- Practical biblical teaching resources free on the web and
- Training in simple teaching methods through the web and periodic seminars in strategic locations.
…and provide consultation for those interested in the spiritual formation of children
- Missionaries and others who minister
- Churches and leaders
- Training schools
…God’s plan for passing the faith on from one generation to the next through
- Intentional conversation
- Speaking engagements and
- Social media.
What Mission Bible Class Values Most
Faithfulness to God
- God is sovereign and His Word is essential for maturing faith.
- Faith development is a life-long event. Developing a healthy relationship with God in childhood dramatically increases the likelihood of a balanced and life-long faith.
Respect for Children and Families
- Childhood should be celebrated and appreciated. Children are valuable to God in their own right and are not simply evangelistic tools to reach adults.
- God is already at work in the hearts of children within their own families and communities. We are joining Him in His mission when we spiritually nurture children.
- The parent/child bond should be respected and parents encouraged to be the natural and first models of a Christian environment. The church and Christians provide a partnership in training but do not replace the responsibility of parents to pass on the faith to their own children.
Acknowledgement of Culture and Community
- God transcends culture and the teaching of children should be contextual to local people, environment and available physical resources.
- Caring for, teaching and ministering to children should be conducted in a natural and positive manner so that providers themselves mature in their own faith and character through the process.