The Essential Questions in the Inductive Bible Study method are:
- What does this Scripture say?
- What does this Scripture mean?
- How does this apply to me?
Here is a way to adapt the inductive method to a timeline.
Each week the teacher teaches the Bible Story and makes a point to read as much as possible straight from the Bible. The teacher places a picture depicting the story on the board and then asks the children to respond using post-it notes. This can be added to each week and used each week for review or prayer reminders.
- Pink Post-it Note: A fact I learnt from this story
- Blue Post-it Note: Something I learnt about God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit
- Green Post-it Note: Something I should do or feel after this story
Click here for more about the Inductive Bible Method and how to use it for children’s Bible class.