All you need for this visual aid is a bible, 1 piece of paper and a pen or pencil for each child.
- Before teaching your class you will read over the Bible story and divide it into main points. I suggest you draw these yourself as practice so you know it will work!
- Provide each student with a piece of paper and something to write with.
- Tell them how many parts of the story there are going to be (your main points) and ask them to draw that many squares on the paper.
- As you tell the story (or read it straight from the Bible) the children will fill in the squares with drawings. Guide them in this as much as is needed.
- Older children could read the story from the Bible themselves and draw.
- When everyone is finished they can tell the story to the class using their own pictures.
I think you’ll like this teaching idea because it can be adapted to any story.
For full instructions, templates, examples and other ways to adapt this idea click here.
As an example I used the Bible Story: Death of Samson from Judges 16:21-31.