All you need for this visual aid is a bible, 1 piece of paper and a pen or pencil for each child.
- Before teaching your class you will read over the Bible story and divide it into main points. I suggest you draw these yourself as practice so you know it will work!
- Provide each student with a piece of paper and something to write with.
- Tell them how many parts of the story there are going to be (your main points) and ask them to draw that many squares on the paper.
- As you tell the story (or read it straight from the Bible) the children will fill in the squares with drawings. Guide them in this as much as is needed.
- Older children could read the story from the Bible themselves and draw.
- When everyone is finished they can tell the story to the class using their own pictures.
I think you’ll like this teaching idea because it can be adapted to any story.
As an example I used the Bible Story: Death of Samson from Judges 16:21-31.